Sleeping overnight in the SnowHotel room, made completely of snow, beautifully lighted and decorated, will surely give you one of the most unique Arctic experiences. The temperature is always around -5 degrees Celsius but the comfortable bed with a white sheet and lambskin cover, a pillow, a fleece sheet and a sleeping bag designed for Arctic conditions ensures a good night sleep.
The SnowHotel is part of the gigantic SnowCastle built annually in the City of Kemi. The SnowCastle is open from the end of January until beginning of April.
In the SnowHotel there are rooms suitable for singles, couples as well as bigger groups. The maximum capacity of the SnowHotel is 48 persons. The whole SnowHotel and the rooms inside are made of snow.
The fresh, about -5 degrees Celsius breathing-air, will guarantee you sweet dreams inside a well-equipped sleeping-bag on a good bed. You will have a memorable sleeping-experience in the SnowHotel!
Sleeping in the SnowHotel includes also breakfast and visit to the SnowCastle.
Check in: from 10.00 AM
Check-out: before 9.00 AM
The Room is in your use after 21.00
Address: LumiLinnankatu 15, 94100 Kemi
(former Mansikkanokankatu 17)
Phone: +358 40 831 8273
Reservations & Information
Phone: +358 16 258 878
Thousands of overnighters have slept and dreamt in the SnowHotel. Here a small sample of those memorable nights:
"We have seen a lot but the SnowCastle is really the high-point of our vacation! A true masterpiece! Congratulations! Food was delicious and we wish to sleep nice and warm in the SnowHotel."
-Two Hotel-guests from Belgium
"We are spending our Honeymoon in Lapland. The first night we are going to sleep in the SnowHotel of Kemi and everything looks great! The start for the rest of our vacation is looking good. Thank you!”
-Hotel-guests from Holland
"The wintry night outside is dark and cold, the thermometer shows -30 degrees Celsius. After we enter the SnowHotel, the air inside our room feels warm. The room is like a tiny nest inside the snow, and not even a hush can be heard as I look at the fabric in the colours of Aurora Borealis, dug deep into my sleeping-bag on the bed. Even though the cool air pinches the tip of my nose a little, inside the sleeping-bag I feel warm. In the morning I wake up refreshed, and quickly get dressed in the outer clothing that still are warm, as I placed them under my sleeping-bag before going to sleep. I take the few steps into the CastleLounge for breakfast, and then head for the sauna. Boy, how the fresh air has made me hungry!”
-A Hotel-guest from Finland
The guests of the SnowHotel can sit about leisurely in the warm SnowCastle main building at night-time. There is a luggage room and toilets, showers and locker rooms separately for men and women in the main building, which is open 24 h during the SnowCastle season. The Café in the building offers little bites of both sweet and salty to eat and you can also enjoy drinks or a hot cup of coffee or tea. To complete this exotic overnight-experience, you have the chance to make reservations for a dinner at ice-tables in the SnowRestaurant. Free wifi.
You can use our luggage room in the CastleLounge. We recommend that you take only the most necessary personal things / equipment with you into your room in the SnowHotel.
Breakfast is included and served in the SnowCastle Lounge in the SnowCastle main building at 07.00 - 09.00 during 23.1. - 9.4.2017.
Prices include entrance fee to the SnowCastle, overnight in a snow room in an arctic sleeping bag and breakfast.
Instructions to guests of the SnowHotel
- SnowCastle is situated within walking distance from local hotels, city centre, railway and bus station. Distance from the airport by car 10 minutes.
- SnowCastle is a large area, SnowHotel, SnowRestaurant and SnowChapel are located inside the walls of the Castle. SnowCastle is open daily from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Check-in possible from 10 a.m., rooms available at 9 p.m. Check-out next morning before 9 a.m.
- Breakfast is served from 07.00-09.00 a.m. in the Seaside Lounge in the main building.
- Shower, toilets and changing room is in the main building. Towels provided.
- Luggage room is in the main building.
- SnowRestaurant serves daily. Please note that 3-course lunch and dinner reservation need to be done at least two days in advance. Daily lunch is served without pre-booking at 11 - 14.
- Constructions are made of snow. Temperature inside the hotel room and restaurant is -5ºC, regardless of temperature outside. Proper winter clothing is needed also during the meal.
- Sleeping bags are suitable for arctic conditions and they include convertible fleece thermal linen.
- Recommended clothing during the overnight: ski cap or hat, socks, long underwear.
- We will give you instructions about the sleeping in the SnowHotel every evening in the main building.
- When going to sleep, place your outer wear between the sleeping bag and the bed. Your body heat keeps them warm and you will feel comfortable getting dressed in the morning.
- Luggage storage is provided in the SnowCastle main building. Bring only necessary things to the room, please note that rooms are open to the public during opening hours!
- Reception staff is available 24 hours.
- Guests coming outside of Finland need their passport for filling up accommodation cards.
- Smoking in rooms, Olokolos and in restaurant is forbidden. The SnowHotel is equipped with smoke detectors. In case of alert, signal can be heard all over the SnowCastle. Corridors and exits are marked with signs and safety lightning.
- The hotel is being checked for safety and repaired if necessary throughout the season.